**EDIT** Please see this post as the public download is now available! **EDIT**
I completely over-looked this info (somehow) in my zip file of goodies from the Autodesk Press release on Feb. 6. This expands a little more on the new features from the previous post for the Press Release.
NOTE: This information was obtained through the Autodesk Press Release and cannot be discussed or explained in any further detail than the information I've already posted about. As I've mentioned before, I will be posting an update once the confidentiality agreement has been lifted.
Conceptual Design Enhancements
- New and innovative conceptual design features provide easier-to-use tools for freeform modeling and parametric design, and the ability to support the earliest design analyses.
- Sketch freely, create 3D forms more quickly and manipulate forms interactively.
- Prepare models for fabrication and construction with built-in tools for conception and clarification of complex forms. New tools to divide, pattern and panelize designs make forms more buildable.
- Autodesk Revit Architecture automatically builds a parametric framework around your most complex forms as you continue to design, offering you greater levels of creative control, accuracy and flexibility.
- Users can now take designs from concept model all the way to construction documents within one intuitive environment and user interface.
Improved User Interface
- New streamlined user interface helps users find favorite tools and commands faster, locate lesser-used tools more efficiently and discover new features more easily.
- Customizable Quick Access Toolbar allows one-click access to a user’s favorite and most frequently used tools.
- The ribbon feature is organized around the way designers work, enabling users to find the tools to accomplish tasks without searching all over the user interface.
- Consistent user interfaces between most Autodesk software applications allows users to move between programs more smoothly.
Performance and Interoperability
- New native 64-bit support enhances the software’s ability to handle large projects and improve performance and stability for memory-intensive tasks such as rendering, printing, model upgrading and file importing and exporting.
- Expanded API (application programming interface) support.
- Export to AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software and import from Autodesk® Inventor® , while preserving parametric data.
- gbXML (green building XML) improvements allow users to