Over the past month or so, I've had a few people ask me how they could get a 3D view of each individual floor for exporting out or just for presentation purposes. It's definitely do-able, but it just takes a little bit of setup to accomplish it.
1. Select any one of the overall building elevations and make as many copies as floor needed...one for each floor.
2. Rename them to something that will correlate each one to the floor it’s going to look at.
3. In each elevation, turn on the crop region and crop the elevation from Level to Level…i.e. Level 1 to Level 2. The crop region should snap to each level.
4. Once all the elevations are created, you’ll need to make the same number of 3D Views that basically duplicate the names of what you just did for the elevations.
5. For each 3D View, you will open one at a time and do the following to each one...
a. Go to the View (pulldown menu)->Orient->To Other View
b. From the list, select the Elevation name that corresponds to the 3D View name.
c. This will give you a “flat” 3D elevation, which you can orbit to view in 3D.
At this point, you are ready to do what you need to do... exporting to dwf, dwg, etc. or creating presentation views. If you are going out to dwg, you will have to do a little cleanup as the Section Box will be present.